Re: Proposal to improve the nomenclature of scrolling directions

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Proposal to improve the nomenclature of scrolling directions
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 18:07:40 +0100

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Dani Moncayo <address@hidden> wrote:

> I disagree: IMHO, the words that best describe the direction of a
> _vertical_ movement are precisely "up" and "down", and are they are
> used elsewhere for this very purpose.

Yes, up and down describe vertical movement, but as the whole thread
shows, they do not clearly say what is moving, so both readings are
possible.

move-point-towards-end-of-buffer* and
move-point-towards-beginning-of-buffer* are unambiguos.

    Juanma

* I've chosen long names so no one thinks that I'm proposing them,
which I'm not.