Re: Proposal to improve the nomenclature of scrolling directions

From: Nix
Subject: Re: Proposal to improve the nomenclature of scrolling directions
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 15:00:04 +0000

On 5 Nov 2012, Richard Stallman verbalised:
> If the world has indeed converged on the other meaning then I agree
> it would be good to be compatible.

The world had converged on the other meaning by the late 1980s at the
very latest. By now, as far as I can tell, Emacs is unique among modern
editors in its naming scheme for scroll directions. (Even on mobile
devices with touchscreens, where you swipe the text to move the text up,
that operation is *still* called 'scrolling down'.)

--
NULL && (void)