Re: NEWS entry for ses.el changes

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: Re: NEWS entry for ses.el changes
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 07:01:17 +0100

> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden; address@hidden; address@hidden
> Subject: Re: NEWS entry for ses.el changes
> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 05:44:35 +0100
>
> Stefan Monnier a écrit :
> >> I think that before I make this public on emacs-24 I need to make this last
> >> change + manual on trunk and then port the change to emacs-24. Would that
> >> be
> >> ok and along agreed practices if I proceed this way.
> >
> > To the extent that the code on emacs-24 is feature-frozen, the remaining
> > change had better be a clear bug-fix.
> >

> > Stefan
> >

> Is it a bug that the mode line is not refreshed, or is it a missing
> feature ?
>
> Vincent.

One more thing about the ses-rename-cell, I still have one more update
to do on it: named cells in formula should not relocate. That is to say
if toto is the name of a cell, then wherever I paste cell formula `(1+
toto)' it should remain `(1+ toto)'.

Using named cell will be more convenient than (symbol-value (quote xxx))
or (ses-value xxx yyy) tricks to prevent relocation, and it has the
advantage that it keeps reference of the cell in the dependency list
which those tricks don't do.

Well, this was just to say that the feature is not yet fully mature.

   Vincent.