Re: CL functions called at runtime

From: Burton Samograd
Subject: Re: CL functions called at runtime
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 13:00:27 -0700

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Burton Samograd wrote:
>
>> I seemed to have missed the dicussion about the warnings being generated
>> by the byte compiler about CL functions being called at runtime.
>
> Probably because it happened decades ago.

Ok, I thought these warnings were added more recently.  Maybe I was
thinking of the cl-lib discussion that's been going on.

>>  Now I'm seeing them in my code for useful functions like remove-if.
>
> They've always been there.

Now I'm seeing them because I am actaully writing more elisp code rather
than little snippets.  I've just been noticing that the build is
complaining a lot more about various deprecated functions/macros like
flet (use cl-flet) more now so I thought all of the warnings were of a
newer character.

>> Could someone explain why these warnings are being generated?
>
> No point repeating ancient history. Search the archives, read the elisp
> manual "tips" section; or use cl-lib instead.

cl-lib is an external package, correct?

--
Burton Samograd