[ANN] python.el + Django = python-django.el

From: Fabian Ezequiel Gallina
Subject: [ANN] python.el + Django = python-django.el
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 00:25:04 -0300

I just pushed to github an Emacs package to work with Django
projects.

It follows the magit-status buffer filosophy a bit. I has a tight
integration with management commands and simple/intuitive
bindings to do stuff you'd normally use (like grep an app's
directory, open the directory with dired, etc).

The most interesting feature from my point of view is the ability
to launch management commands and focus them with just a couple
of bindings. It's worth to say that if you have runserver running
and get to a set_trace, either from pdb or ipdb, Emacs will start
following such files automatically (directly from python.el's
pdbtracking feature).

The package also provides a nice way to define quick management
commands (ways to run management commands with nice defaults and
cool prompts with intelligent completion). By default it has
defined a bunch of these quick commands, many from built-in
Django commands, and others popular from django-extensions and
south.

For anybody interested: https://github.com/fgallina/python-django.el

Happy hacking,
--