Re: Two strange messages while building Emacs on MS-Windows

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Two strange messages while building Emacs on MS-Windows
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 21:17:04 +0100

>> I guess you did not remove the old .elc files; ie did not bootstrap.
>
> PS if you are going to be providing pre-built binaries for general
> consumption, I hope you will make them via bootstrap, else there could
> be subtle problems from time to time.

I see.  Thank you Glenn.

I was following Eli's advice for doing incremental builds
(http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12128#20), since
bootstrapping takes a lot more time.

But, why the makefiles don't take care all necessary recompilations?

Being forced to do a full bootstrap is too bad.  Is not there a better
solution for this?

--
Dani Moncayo