Re: Dual licensing of Org manual?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Dual licensing of Org manual?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 10:23:22 -0500

    is it possible to get a formal authorization from the FSF to
    dual-license the Org manual with both GNU GPLv3 and GNU FDL 1.3?

No.

Debian and the GNU Project have some disagreements.  We want them to
stop recommending nonfree software, which is a practice we consider
unethical.  They call some aspects of the GNU FDL nonfree, which we
consider a mistaken judgment.

We are negotiating with them about these issues.

In the mean time, we will not make license changes to cater to Debian.
Please don't change anything about the Org manual licensing.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation