Re: Unuseful keybindings

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Unuseful keybindings
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 11:22:44 +0800

Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:

> Mathias Dahl <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Can't you just rebind these keys? I mean, you would have to do that
>> anyway, to use them for your purposes, right?

> Of course it is the first thing I did.
> The f11 have to be disabled first though.

I don't know what you mean by that.  Rebinding the key is a single step;
you don't have to disable the default binding to rebind it.

As for the <f11> keybinding, AFAICT that is becoming the standard "full
screen" key in many applications; since we don't use it for anything
else, and it doesn't conflict with the existing Emacs user interface, it
is good to follow the convention.

But: why doesn't <f11> toggle a true full screen mode, at least on
platforms which support that?  That would be more useful, since ordinary
maximization can be done with window decorations anyway.