Re: Unuseful keybindings

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Unuseful keybindings
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 01:06:12 +0530

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

>> > You don't care for your own use, but does that mean that
>> > you also do not care what Emacs binds by default for others?
>>
>> Yes, I do not care what Emacs does by default.
>
> Too bad for Emacs.
>
> So your input on questions of default behavior (like this one) is just
> irrelevant noise, I guess.  No?

I said there is atleast one user who doesn't really care for F-keys -
not the bindings but the keys themselves.

My position is relevant.  If I don't record my views, people will be
driven to a mistaken belief that there are only two camps - Keep
existing binding, Remove existing binding.

Just my way of saying, look, there is a third camp.  Frankly, I am
willing to loan all my 12 keys to you, so that you can bind it to your
heart's pleasure.