Re: Git versus Bzr what is going on with emacs-24 branch?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Git versus Bzr what is going on with emacs-24 branch?
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 23:57:04 +0100

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>> There's no need for another server publishing the mirror: git.sv.gnu.org
>> does the job just fine.  The problem is to keep it uptodate.
>
> But it obviously is being updated, so I'm not sure what the point of
> this discussion is. Just look at it:
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git

The emacs git mirror at repo.or.cz is being updated too (actually, I
suspect that git.savannah.gnu.org is mirroring repo.or.cz, or vice
versa) but in the past the mirroring routine stopped for months and
there is no guarantee that it won't happen again. So I'll like to stop
depending on third parties and do the mirroring myself. Hence if anyone
wishes to share his recipe(*), I'll be grateful.

(*) IIRC, doing the job on a reasonably efficient and correct way is
non-trivial.