Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r111746: * files.el (basic-save-buffer): Offer

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r111746: * files.el (basic-save-buffer): Offer to create a non-existing directory.
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:54:29 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> * files.el (basic-save-buffer): Offer to create a non-existing
>>> directory.
>> The attached patch implements the same change for `find-file'.
>
> Now that save lets you create the dir, why would you need to do that in
> find-file?

To spare you from having to do it at saving time?

I often use C-x s to save all buffers, I would find it
more convenient to be asked for the creation of the dir
when finding the file.

Also right now, when finding a file in a non-existing
dir, the user is taught how to create the directory...
which seems a bit redundant with the fact that he will
be asked to create the dir anyway.

Probably not a big deal, though.

--
 Bastien