Re: D-Bus calls

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: D-Bus calls
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:42:46 +0100

Ian D <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Albinus <address@hidden> writes:
>

>> Which version have you used before? The D-Bus implementation is almost
>> identical in the trunk and the emacs-24 branches.
>>
>> Best regards, Michael.
>
>     Before I was using Emacs 24.2.1, which was the standard on my distro
>     (Parabola).  I recently started using the development branches.

Well, in this case there are significant changes in the D-Bus
implementation. Most important, `dbus-call-method' runs internally now
asynchronously.

Do you have some data from the profiler elp, which shows the difference
for you? Could you give me some simple test cases I could play with?

> Ian D

Best regards, Michael.