Re: Fontless Info

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Fontless Info
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:43:33 +0400

On 24.02.2013 22:08, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Hello, Dmitry.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 08:58:50AM +0400, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
Hey Alan,

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

This might well do the trick:

I've applied the patch, bootstrapped, and it [still] has problems with
whitespace-mode. To reproduce:

1. Run emacs -Q

2. Eval (add-hook 'prog-mode 'whitespace-mode)

3. Open any .el file, for example => no syntax highligting

OK, thanks.  whitespace-mode disables then re-enables font lock mode.
The code in define-globalized-minor-mode was recording the disable, but
not the re-enable, so it thought the major mode hook had disabled font
lock mode.

I've amended it so that it now takes account of the re-enabling too.  I
think this solves the immediate problem.

Here's the patch (based off the trunk of a few days ago).  As always,
please do a complete rebuild after applying the patch.  Let me know how
it goes, please.

The patch fixes the above problem indeed, but meanwhile Stefan has installed a smaller patch in revno 111881 that seems to work just as well.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I've been trying to debug a related mmm-mode <-> whitespace-mode interaction regression that still hasn't been addressed by either of the patches.