Re: CheckDoc and package.el versus file variable prop lines

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: CheckDoc and package.el versus file variable prop lines
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:39:26 +0800

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 23:01:08 +0000 (GMT)
Christopher Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden> writes:
> > If this would make the first line too long, maybe we can use a Local
> > Variables section at the end of the file.
> That is not a good idea.  Check bug 12049.

I see, thanks for your explanation.  And in (info "(elisp) Library Headers"):

  The very first line should have this format:
     ;;; FILENAME --- DESCRIPTION
  The description should be contained in one line.  If the file needs a
  `-*-' specification, put it after DESCRIPTION.  If this would make the
  first line too long, use a Local Variables section at the end of the
  file.

Should this be changed?

--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.