Re: [tramp-adb] su?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [tramp-adb] su?
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 22:23:32 +0100

Neal Becker <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Neal,

> I'm not familiar with the code.  But here are a couple of thoughts:
>
> 1. Always issue su and if it doesn't work, ignore the error

Well, I have applied a patch to tramp-adb.el which

* Performs "su <user>" if user is given in the file name
* Raises an error if this command fails.

With this, the usual "/adb::" still works, and "/adb:root@:" works if
the device supports it.

(My examples assume, that the host name is optional if there is exactly
one device connected via adb)

> 2. Isn't it true that adb push/pull runs with root privledge?  I
> haven't tested,
> but I don't recall ever seeing permission denied when doing adb push.

Don't know. Let's see what other people report. Maybe you must call
"adb root" outside Emacs in advance; but I really don't know ...

Best regards, Michael.