company.el status?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: company.el status?
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:37:12 +0400

Hi all,

What is the status of company-mode here? As far as I can see, no one
maintains it, and the elpa branch and the git repository have both
diverged from each other: elpa has added company-capf and some cosmetic
changes, git repository has some of the same cosmetic changes and also
commits that haven't made their way into elpa:

https://github.com/nschum/company/commits/master

I sent some messages to address@hidden with feedback and a patch a few
months ago, and haven't heard back since.

Is copyright assignment still in effect, or has Nikolaj retracted it? In
the former case, it shouldn't be too hard for me to merge everything
valuable from git to elpa.

Now, I have two patches of my own, and there might be more coming
(https://github.com/dgutov/company/commits/master).

Do I have to explicitly post them here for review, or can I go ahead and
install them?

Are there actual users of company-mode on this mailing list who would
raise an alarm if something breaks for them?

--Dmitry