Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Copyright/Distribution questions (Emacs/Orgmode)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 04:29:04 +0900

W. Greenhouse writes:
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > > W. Greenhouse writes:
 > >
 > >  > Your 10 line program likely does not pass the de minimis threshold to be
 > >  > copyrightable in the first place,
 > >
 > > I think you'll find there is no such de minimis in copyright law.  Eg,
 > > surely individual haiku are copyrightable.
 >
 > There is de minimis originality and creativity,

OK, let's stop here.  This no longer has much bearing on what code is
part of Emacs, and Richard says he'll study some questions, which is
what I asked.  I'm going to respond to Mr. (?) Greenhouse offline, and
will be happy to send a digest (after receiving permission if there's
a response) on request.

Steve