Re: Anyone building Emacs trunk with MinGW w64 (32 bits)

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Anyone building Emacs trunk with MinGW w64 (32 bits)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:09:51 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> If you have a few moments to spare, please try again with the latest
> trunk, I tried to fix at least these problems, so that Emacs will
> compile with MinGW64.  But I don't have the headers installed by
> MinGW64 GCC, and couldn't find them on the net, and I don't have time
> to install MinGW64 and try the build myself.
>
> Please report any problems you still have.
>
> Thanks.

Starting from your patch, I'm slowly going through all the build
process.

Meanwhile, why is it necessary to bootstrap every time?

mingw32-make bootstrap

[... blah, blah, crash ]

mingw32-make

[...]

Essential Lisp files seem to be missing.  You should either
do `make bootstrap' or create `lisp/abbrev.elc' somehow.