Re: Hard bug caused by window management code?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Hard bug caused by window management code?
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 08:23:25 +0100

> Can someone run this stuff and see what happens? (On MS-Windows or OSX, you
> might want to look for test files somewhere else rather than in /etc).

It seems to hang in `set-window-configuration'.  If you can confirm
that, it might help to first eliminate its loops that call
Qrecord_window_buffer and restore window parameters (these are not
vital).  If this doesn't reveal the culprit, we'd have to check whether
and where it hangs in the remaining loops (especially the main loop
following the call to delete_all_child_windows) by putting breakpoints
after these loops.  I never understood `set-window-configuration' well
and everything I attempted to fix there only increased my confusion.

martin