Re: check_window_system

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: check_window_system
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 14:13:16 +0400

On 04/05/2013 07:21 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Thus, after the changes above, we have 4 different implementations of
the same function check_window_system, which means it would be
[...]
etc., you get the idea.  IOW, there should be no assumption that X,
NS, and w32 are mutually exclusive.

Right: 4 implementations of the same function is a problem in itself
(we have this problem in several places in Emacs, but we should try to
get rid of them, rather than add more).

OK. It looks like that we can also try to drop have_menus_p, check_x_frame,
check_ns_frame plus (x|w32)_in_use.

This looks good enough for X and TTY; I'm willing to add some comments,
commit and get my portion of blame for broken W32 and NS ports :-).

Dmitry