Re: x-display-pixel-width/height inconsistency

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: x-display-pixel-width/height inconsistency
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 21:55:15 -0400

> Jan and I are currently improving the patch for multi-monitor support
> on X11 off the list.

> Stefan, which should we use for the name of the primitive,
> x-display-monitor-attributes-list or display-monitor-attributes-list ?
> I thought your previous post below meant that the platform-specific
> implementations (primitives) should be prefixed as x-*, w32-*, or
> ns-*, and the main Lisp function without a prefix should dispatch to
> them.

Right, the main entry point should be display-monitor-attributes-list
and it should then dispatch to the right implementation.  This dispatch
can be done in Elisp (in which case you need to export x-<foo>,
ns-<foo>, ... to Elisp) or all in C, in which case there's no need for
x-<foo>, ns-<foo>, ...

> But what actually happened to display-usable-bounds was to name
> an NS-specific implementation without a prefix.

Sounds like a bug (tho as long as only NS provides this functionality,
it's probably a minor bug).

        Stefan