Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: MS-Windows build using Posix configury
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 10:18:27 +0300

> Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 00:47:50 +0400
> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> The patch doesn't seem to have the desired effect (and I've tried make
> clean && make CFLAGS="-g3").
>
> Moreover, despite the above CFLAGS value, I'm unable to obtain detailed
> backtrace here:
>
> Breakpoint 3, 0x74c98e76 in msvcrt!abort ()
>     from C:\windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
> (gdb) bt full
> #0  0x74c98e76 in msvcrt!abort () from C:\windows\syswow64\msvcrt.dll
> No symbol table info available.
> #1  0x6e956f62 in libgcc_s_dw2-1!__deregister_frame_info_bases ()
>     from J:\Apps\System\MinGW\bin\libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
> No symbol table info available.
> #2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
>
> Lisp Backtrace:
> "kill-emacs" (0x88f028)
> "save-buffers-kill-emacs" (0x88f318)
> "save-buffers-kill-terminal" (0x88f644)
> "call-interactively" (0x88f880)
> "command-execute" (0x88fb7c)
> (gdb)
>
> If I revert the patch, recompile and reproduce it again, 'bt full'
> outputs it full, no problem.

Sorry, I don't follow.  Are you saying that there's still a crash
after applying the patch, except that you cannot get a backtrace when
the crash happens?  What exactly happens when you try to produce a
backtrace?  Are you sure you switch to the correct thread when asking
for a backtrace?  Try "info threads" and "thread apply all bt".