Re: changes in r112843

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: changes in r112843
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 12:46:37 +0200

() Xue Fuqiao <address@hidden>
() Wed, 5 Jun 2013 07:12:24 +0800

   Remove the (both versions) motivation of branching.

I think most who read this part of the manual will already have
notions of branching as they pertain to their favorite VCS.
Probably what they seek (what we should provide here) is the
assurance that Emacs can be congruent to that particular model,
amongst others.

IOW, in "branch on a tree" the key word in this context is "on".

How about removing motivation and adding in its place text that
qualifies "independent lines" w/ the notion of a (possibly) shared
base (point of intersection) for these lines?  I say "possibly"
because VCS support for multiple roots (full independence) is not
universal, and anyway in practice full independence is almost
entirely undesirable.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
GPG key: 4C807502