Re: using glyphs by default in perl-mode

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: using glyphs by default in perl-mode
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 14:52:59 -0400

> Of course.  I was thinking of a dynamically produced glyph that scales
> down to the text size.  I think SVG can do something like that, scaling
> gracefully.  If you want a bigger image, you increase the font size!

Scaling is good, but it's difficult to know which size to use.
Worse, the same image might need to be displayed at different sizes in
different windows, since the same text may be rendered with different
font size in different windows.

IOW, I think this requires support on the C side, e.g. to specify the
image height as a multiple of the line height or as a multiple of the
"current font"'s height.

        Stefan