Re: isearch-allow-move [Was: isearch-allow-prefix]

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: isearch-allow-move [Was: isearch-allow-prefix]
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:07:23 +0300

>>    such non-standard behavior, i.e. by replacing the sequence
>>    `C-s M-e C-f C-f C-f' with less surprising `M-s C-f C-f C-f M-e'.
>
> C-f exits isearch.  I don't think we want to change this by default.

I agree that C-f alone should exit isearch.

> Maybe we could provide a "grab from buffer" key after which C-f grabs
> the next char from the buffer rather than exiting, but otherwise,
> I think this is a non-starter as far as default behavior goes.

I'm carefully trying to preserve the current default behavior.
That's why grabbing from the buffer should be started only with `M-s C-f'.
However, for subsequent keys after `M-s C-f' maybe should be an option
to choose between `M-s C-f M-s C-f M-s C-f' or a shorter sequence
`M-s C-f C-f C-f'.