Re: Eshell visual commands with redirection bug

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Eshell visual commands with redirection bug
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 11:47:05 +0200

Aidan Gauland <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Aidan,

>> So eshell should ignore a command's "visuality" if its output is
>> redirected.
>
> Done!  Should be fixed in 112898.  Let me know if you have any
> problems (as usual).

Redirection still doesn't work, but now it fails differently. ;-)

  $ git diff

shows the diff visually as it's supposed to do with my configs.  Now
when I do

  $ git diff > my.patch

I don't see the diff visually as I did before your changes (good), but
the command also doesn't finish.  Using an external terminal, I can see
that now there's a symlink

    .#my.patch -> address@hidden:1362908452

but address@hidden:1362908452 doesn't exist.

All I can do is `C-c C-k' to kill the process.

Bye,
Tassilo