Re: eww

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: eww
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:14:59 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > Why do you want to limit the number of buffers Emacs keeps?

C-x C-b, among others.  Of course if the names have leading spaces,
that's not a problem.

 > Other browsers don't, I think.

They don't have generic buffer-listing facilities.

 > When you go back to a previously visited URL, do you need to check if
 > it's outdated?

Yes, if it's expired.  Expiration should be parsed from the HTTP
headers and could be cached as a buffer-local.

 > Do other browsers?

Good ones do.

 > > And it could use `bury-buffer' and rename the previous buffer to a
 > > name with something leading with " " when you go to a new page.
 >
 > I'm confused: don't you name each buffer according to the URL it
 > shows?  (No, I didn't yet try eww.el.)  If so, the names are already
 > different.

index.html?  Pages identified by long strings of query variables?