Re: some progress

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: some progress
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:35:31 +0300

> From: Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 16:03:35 +0200
>
>    > Does it help to type "C-x C-+"?
> Only  a little bit, the ascii chars are getting really bigger the hebrew
> ones only a slightly bit. Do I need additional fonts (I am on (K)ubuntu
> 10.04)???

You need more/better fonts.

> However the input methods which are offered do no include hebrew
> phonetic, by which I mean
>

>  "aleph" is on "a" etc.

Try hebrew-biblical-sil, it comes close.

And "C-h C-\" will display a keyboard schematics that will tell you
which key inserts which character.

> That is why I use the input via KDE and that is why I need to turn on
> R2L manually.

??? I don't understand: as long as Emacs gets the correct characters,
no matter how they were created, everything else, including paragraph
direction, should "just work".

> So maybe the best solution would be to provide also hebrew-phonetical[1]
> Because I am a little worried how KDE keyboard and nested text may work
> together.
>
> I can give it a try to have also a hebrew-phonetical. Which are the
> files to be modified?

leim/quail/hebrew.el.

> [1]  (BTW what is hebrew-lyx suppose to be? KDE also offers it and I cannot
> see any difference to standard hebrew, ok I don't have a hebrew keyboard
> here, so maybe . /  etc are different.

I expect hebrew-lyx in Emacs to be the same as what KDE offers.  But I
never checked.