Re: [gnu.org #836408] Problem getting to GNU Emacs Manual order form

From: Glenn Morris via RT
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #836408] Problem getting to GNU Emacs Manual order form
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:21:38 -0400

"Ward Vandewege via RT" wrote:

>> (gnupload fails to upload dotfiles, BTW, else I would fix this myself.)
>
> Hmm. I wonder why that is. The ownership on those files was wrong on
> ftp.gnu.org -- I fixed that now. If gnupload does the right thing you
> should be able to fix this yourself in the future.

gnupload with dotfiles still doesn't seem to work.
I have no need to do this and doubt we will ever change these
.readme.shtml files again, so no pressure from me to make it work.
This is just FYI.

  gnupload --to alpha.gnu.org:emacs .dotfile-test

seems to work, but the file never appears on the server and I get no
email notification of any kind.

  gnupload --to alpha.gnu.org:emacs .readme.shtml

fails more explicitly with:

Uploading .readme.shtml to alpha.gnu.org:emacs ...
ncftpput .readme.shtml: server said: Could not create file.
ncftpput .readme.shtml.sig: server said: Could not create file.
ncftpput .readme.shtml.directive.asc: server said: Could not create file.