Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:53:36 +0200

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm afraid there's no other way round.  We could save a pointer to a
> frame instead which then must either be or have a minibuffer window and
> reconstruct the value from that which would be yet a bit more messy.

Let's wait and see whether that's really necessary.

> We'd still have to translate buffer objects to buffer names when saving
> and convert them back when restoring states plus remove any buffers
> found dead by `desktop-restore-file-buffer'.

For frames buffer-lists, I can do that quite easily. For windows
buffer-lists, you'd have to do that in the window-store-(get|put) or
provide some kind of hook to do it afterwards. It is really worth it?
All this save&restore does not really restore the full Emacs session
you were before. Hmm.