Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 00:06:54 +0200

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:

> We probably should also rename the basic
> option to `desktop-restore-frames'

I'm OK with that, or any other name, as long as there's some consensus
and we don't have to change it too many times ;-)

> and include an option for frame
> positioning/sizing where the latter could assume values like 'accurate
> or 'sloppy with 'accurate trying to restore positions and sizes as
> accurately as possible, while 'sloppy could, for example, try to
> reposition and/or resize frames so they fit a new screen dimension.

I don't see how that could be integrated with
desktop-save-windows/desktop-restore-frames options that I proposed.
Seems like a different configuration option to me (unless you want to
multiply the available options: all-frames-and-displays-accurate,
all-frames-and-displays-sloppy, local-state-accurate,
local-state-sloppy, current-display-accurate, current-display-sloppy.
Is that what you're suggesting (leaving aside the precise option
names, of course)?