Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 23:32:19 +0200

Hello.

30 jun 2013 kl. 20:03 skrev Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>:

> At this point, I'd be very grateful if people could explain what kind
> of behavior are they suggesting with respect to frames that fall
> wholly or partially outside a visible screen area. I mean, I don't
> want to write (because I don't think that belongs into desktop.el) an
> elisp window manager which will detect that the display size, or the
> number of monitors, has changed, and that will try to resize the
> frames to fit them like a puzzle in the current display. That's a case
> whose failure mode IMHO should simply be to try and make sure that
> frame captions (to allow grabbing and moving the frame) fall inside
> their displays.

I would expect that if a saved frame position is not available, the frame would
be recreated at some default position, i.e. let the window manager deside.

If the position is available, I'd expect the frame to be recreated there even
if the size might no longer fit (the monitor is smaller). Some window managers
will resize the frame to fit, so Emacs should not bother to try to fit the
size.

    Jan D.