Re: How to restore the layout?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: How to restore the layout?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 15:41:48 +0200

Il 05/07/2013 14.58, martin rudalics ha scritto:
 > I have removed the desktop file. Then I started Emacs, maximized the
 > frame and closed Emacs after saved the desktop. The resulting desktop
 > (test bzipped) is attached. Which parameters do you suggest to remove? I
 > notice only a "fullscreen", but I have only clicked on the maximize
 > button... May you resend it as you think?

The `fullscreen' parameter is nil.  This is a bug on Windows, so the
first step is to set the fullscreen parameter after a maximize request.
Am I right that on X this is done in x_handle_net_wm_state and on NS in
setFSValue?  IIUC on Windows this should be part of the SIZE_MAXIMIZED
case in w32_read_socket.  Or am I missing something?

Anyway, you could try changing (fullscreen) to (fullscreen . maximized)
and look what happens when you load the file then.

In that case, Emacs starts as after "M-x toggle-frame-fullscreen", i.e. with the Windows status bar (or Windows aplications bar, if you prefer) partially covering the bottom of Emacs frame and, obviously, with the maximize button *NOT* selected.

If I try (maximized), instead, Emacs starts with M columns and N-2 lines [*] and maximize button *NOT* selected.

Ciao,
Angelo.

---
[*] Assuming the Windows Desktop dimensions of M columns and N+2 lines (+2 for the status bar)