RE: How to restore the layout?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to restore the layout?
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 11:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

> This is contrived.  What I see with emacs -Q, i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600
> build on Windows XP, is:
>
> (1) Hitting f11 makes the frame fullscreen, no title bar or maximize
>      button visible.  Hitting f11 again restores the previous appearance.
>
> (2) If I maximize my frame by clicking on the maximize button, hitting
>      f11 makes my frame fullscreen as before but hitting f11 again
>      restores its previous size and not the maximized one.
>
> (3) Hitting M-f10 makes my frame appear maximized with title and
>      decorations visible and the maximize button enabled.  Hitting M-f10
>      again restores the previous appearance.
>
> (4) Maximizing the frame by clicking on the maximize button and then
>      hitting M-f10 does nothing.

I see the same thing, except for this part of #3: "and the maximize
button enabled".  For me, M-10 has does not change the state of the
maximize button.

And in fact, if I click the button, so that the frame is maximized and
the button changes to the selected state (overlapping frames icon),
M-f10 then leaves the icon the same and the frame maximized.  A second
M-f10 at that point restores (demaximizes) the frame but leaves the
icon showing that it is maximized.  At that point, clicking the button
has no effect except to change the icon to deselected (single frame icon).

In sum, it seems that Emacs does not update the icon.  Other than that,
I see what Martin reported.