Re: No rule to make target `../lib/ignore-value.h'

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: No rule to make target `../lib/ignore-value.h'
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:16:59 +0200

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/autoconf-2.65-msys-bin.zip/download)
> in the C:/MinGW/msys/1.0 directory (or whatever your MSYS directory
> is called)?

Obviously not, and neither automake.  According to INSTALL.MSYS I did

  After that, use "mingw-get install PACKAGE" to install the following
  additional packages:

   . msys-base
   . mingw-developer-toolkit

  (We recommend that you refrain from installing the MSYS Texinfo
  package, which is part of msys-base, because it might produce mixed
  EOL format when installing Info files.  Instead, install the MinGW
  port of Texinfo, see the ezwinports URL below.  To uninstall the
  MSYS Texinfo, after installing it as part of msys-base, invoke the
  command "mingw-get remove msys-texinfo".)

  At this point, you should be ready to configure and build Emacs in
  its basic configuration.  Skip to the "Generating the configure
  script" section for the build instructions.

So maybe autoconf and automake should be mentioned there?

And clearly

Checking for autoconf (need at least version 2.65)...
ok
Checking for automake (need at least version 1.11)...
ok

is not very reassuring when these are apparently missing.

Anything else I might have forgotten given that I follwed the mingw-get
path?

Thanks for the advice, martin