Re: make distclean and quail

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: make distclean and quail
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:56:57 +0200

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Something is wrong with your '/bin/pwd'.  What does it display if
> invoked from leim/ in the bzr repo?

  address@hidden /c/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/leim
  $ /bin/pwd
  /c/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/leim

so it is working correctly.

I've only seen this problem a few times, always after bootstrap.

My setup is a bit unusual in that I don't ever type commands inside
the MSYS bash shell. Instead, I have aliases

msys=c:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin\sh.exe --login -i
mdo=msys -c "cd /c/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk; %$"
mboot=mdo make bootstrap

and a configuration file for .bash in my %HOME that sets PATH to a
very small set of directories (those of MSYS, plus a few others).

And I always bootstrap with mboot, so it always sets the directory,
and runs the same tools from the same PATH, etc. I don't know why I
see the bug only occasionally.