Re: adding namespaces to emacs-lisp (better elisp?)

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: adding namespaces to emacs-lisp (better elisp?)
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 23:33:23 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> If a namespace package calls intern the symbol is interned in the
>> private obarray.
>
> I'm not sure how you could do that and neither am I sure that would
> preserve backward compatibility.  So without more details of how that
> would work, it sounds like wishful thinking to me.

This is the core of my proposal.

The guts of intern need to be altered to be aware of when it is being
called in a packaged context. I am currently expecting to be able to do
this with a file local variable.

intern can then do it's lookup/add thing with the global/specific lookup
instead of just the global.

Nic