Re: the state of the concurrency branch

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: the state of the concurrency branch
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 19:23:20 +0300

> Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 19:08:21 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>  . Will the handling of SIGCHLD be thread-specific or global?  IOW, if
>    a thread fires up a subprocess, which exits while another thread is
>    running, which thread(s) will get the signal?  If the signal
>    arrives at some other thread, how will that thread know to handle
>    it, if it doesn't watch the corresponding fd's?

Please answer this question, if you can: I need the answer to analyze
what, if any, changes are needed in how Emacs on Windows handles
process demise and emulates SIGCHLD.  Currently, we watch all of the
subprocesses inside the 'pselect' call; the question is: should we
only watch those of them that are relevant to the thread that calls
'pselect'.

TIA