Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 14:24:57 +0300

> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:46:44 +0100
>
> I have an unchanged mingw toochain I have beeen using successfully for
> months, and I also see a crash during bootstrap.
>
> >From my build log for bootstrap of r114374, it crashed while compiling
> lisp/cedet/semantic/db-ebrowse.el.

What exactly does "crash" mean here?

Anyway, this is a different file from those mentioned by Dani.

Are you building from the source tree, i.e. in-place?  That's what I
do, and I just bootstrapped today (twice) with no problems.

> Attaching gdb and issuing 'thread apply all bt' did not obtain a
> backtrace:
>
> (gdb) The program being debugged exited while in a function called from GDB.
> Evaluation of the expression containing the function
> (backtrace_top) will be abandoned.

Rename .gdbinit, so that xbacktrace is not invoked, and try obtaining
the backtrace again.

> The rest of the build continued to completion. This seems to be
> repeatable. Anything I can do to help diagnose it ?

A backtrace would be a good start ;-)

TIA