Re: Yet another discussion on improving the first time user experience

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Yet another discussion on improving the first time user experience
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 18:32:13 +0200

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM, chad <address@hidden> wrote:
Jan answered your question right before you asked it.

On 24 Sep 2013, at 13:48, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> wrote:

>> ...The OSX equivalents to C-c, C-v, C-x. C-z (i.e. Cmd-C, Cmd-v, Cmd-x, Cmd-z) and more already work as they do in other OSX applications in Emacs.
>
> I see. I had no idea of that. What do people use for copy/paste etc in other applications on OSX? Is there another standard?

To reiterate, in macosx, those commands use the Command key (also
called the `clover key' in older macos versions) instead of Control.
It's next to the space bar, and labelled both `command' and ⌘. On
macosx, Emacs already uses these key combinations, as Jan mentioned.

I'll admit that I was tempted to say this before, but decided that
internet communication, Windows- versus macosx- versus unix-habits,
first-language differences, and a general desire to assume the
better rather than worse in the community changed my mind.

I hope that helps,
~Chad

Thanks Chad. There is nothing wrong with assuming that the other person do not know what you know. As long as you do not consider it a deficit.