Re: bad epg.el+GPG2 behavior: unavoidable passphrase pinentry prompt

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: bad epg.el+GPG2 behavior: unavoidable passphrase pinentry prompt
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 12:21:35 -0400

> I don't think it's worthwhile after this discussion.

I think it is.  This whole discussion has been completely muddled
because it mixes up details of gpg behaviors with everything else,
whereas the only thing that really matters is the behavior of Emacs
(which depends on many more things than just gpg) and the problem there
is still unclear.

> I'll work around it and see if I can make the workaround
> generally available.

Maybe that's the best we can do, but noone will know until you report
this bug with a clear description of the undesirable behavior, so that
people can assess really what is the core of the problem and se how we
can fix it (since it surely can be fixed in many different ways at
different levels).

        Stefan