Re: Text Mode Menu

From: John Anthony
Subject: Re: Text Mode Menu
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 01:52:25 +0400

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 01:44:10PM -0700, Drew Adams wrote:
> No, I hope you don't. ;-)  That is, the fact that you notice such
> inconsistency and it bothers you is a *good* thing for Emacs.

> It is good to find people particularly interested in the usability
> of Emacs menus.  This has generally not been a super high priority
> among Emacs developers.  But they will likely listen to your
> suggestions.  But hurry, before you adapt to the status quo. ;-)

Yes, it really seemed like a bit of a blind spot that I could make a
lot of fixes for quickly and learn about the codebase and internal
workings of major modes from.  Cheers for the positivity and
encouragement. I'll most likely submit my first patch tomorrow (sans
redundancy in labels) and have a bunch of good I can do while I build
to contributing something more substantive.

--
John Anthony