Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114629: Make the same key that opens TTY menus

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r114629: Make the same key that opens TTY menus also exit the menu.
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 23:29:57 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:51:17 -0400
>
> > +(defcustom tty-menu-open-use-tmm nil
> > +  "If non-nil, \\[menu-bar-open] on a TTY will invoke `tmm-menubar'.
> > +
> > +If nil, \\[menu-bar-open] will drop down the menu corresponding to the
> > +first (leftmost) menu-bar item; you can select other items by typing
> > +\\[forward-char], \\[backward-char], \\[right-char] and \\[left-char]."
> > +  :type '(choice (const :tag "F10 drops down TTY menus" nil)
> > +            (const :tag "F10 invokes tmm-menubar" t))
> > +  :group 'display
> > +  :version "24.4")
>
> Do we really want that?

Feel free to delete, if you think we don't (but then you'd need to
update the manual and NEWS to follow suit).  I just don't like
backward incompatibilities, so I left behind a fire escape.

Btw, this defcustom has nothing to do with the revision in the
subject.  It was just moved by that revision to a slightly different
place in the same file.