Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Menus with more items than the TTY can display
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 12:50:32 +0300

> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 09:55:35 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> When I disable the help echo and set `resize-mini-windows' to nil, the
> number of lines in the menu that get highlighted increases when hitting
> up and down to navigate the menu.  No further problems.

You mean, the menu is displayed correctly, but moving up or down the
menu does not restore the original blue background of the
previously-selected menu item?  Can you show snapshots of this?

> When I disable the help-echo and set `max-mini-window-height' to 1, the
> number of lines that get wrongly highlighted also increases and, in
> addition, the echo area occasionally grows by a couple of lines but no
> text appears in it.  If the minibuffer window _is_ resized, then quitting
> the menu via F10 makes the right half of the frame appear empty.
>
> The artefacts mentioned earlier do not show up in either of these cases.

Please post the termscript files for both of these situations, as well
as for the "normal" one, where the help-echo is enabled and neither
resize-mini-windows not max-mini-window-height are customized from
their defaults.