Re: A bug set-face-background

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: A bug set-face-background
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 17:05:45 +0100

Hello.

7 nov 2013 kl. 16:55 skrev Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

>> From: Jan Djärv <address@hidden>
>> Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 07:00:43 +0100
>> Cc: Michael Heerdegen <address@hidden>,
>>      "address@hidden devel" <address@hidden>
>>
>> Hello.
>>
>> 7 nov 2013 kl. 02:18 skrev Kazu Yamamoto (山本和彦) <address@hidden>:
>>
>>> Hi Michael,

>>> I need to make things unreadable because I'm using this code for
>>> presentation. Unnecessary things for presentation should be invisible.
>>>

>> Use invisible text property?
>
> I think customizing the corresponding face(s) should also work, no?

Well, yes there is a bug here.  But I was thinking of marking text that has
foreground == background.  The region face may have distant-foreground, and
thus it becomes visible.
Come to think of it, marking such text would make it visible anyway if region
face only defines background.  So text is not properly hidden IMHO.

        Jan D.