Re: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 18:47:59 +0100

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

> No I don't know where the problem lies.  But restoration of framesizes
> happened only after you added frameset changes.  (Prior to that I just
> used to maximize the inital frame, store it in a register, dump that
> register in to my .emacs in a frame alist or some var like that)

You can turn off the frame-restoring stuff by setting/customizing
desktop-restore-frames to nil.

> IME, this is a polite way of saying STFU.  I can if that is what you
> want.  Let me know.

When I want to say STFU, I usually say "STFU". So no.

What I'm saying is that the things frameset.el does are complex, not
because inherent complexity, but by Emacs and window-manager quirks
and implementation details. So changes that do not break other places
aren't trivial, and currently I do not have much time to work on it.
Also, the problem you're reporting seems to me a bit of a non-problem
(I mean, maximizing while Emacs is trying to restore the frames
doesn't seem a good idea to me). But if you post a patch, I'll look
into it. Just don't forget that any change should work not only on the
various GNU/Linux wm, but also Windows and NS.