Re: Emacs as word processor

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:01:04 +0100

>         [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
>         [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
>         [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.
>
> Would it make sense to add display features so that Org mode
> could display more like LibreOffice?

I still find it unclear what you want to achieve.

Would it be okay, for instance, to edit with Emacs in one buffer and
have a separate libreoffice window update at the same time?

There are several tools that works like this, and it can be done with
varying degrees of finesse.

I have used the approach on several occasions;

- A publisher wanted a Libreoffice compatible document, but I prefered
  to work in org-mode in Emacs.

- My own experimental "Inkmacs" integration between the graphics editor
  Inkscape and Emacs.

And just to repeat, it's not a novel idea, and many tools work like this.

--
Joakim Verona