Re: add keyword search and display in details for list-packages

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: add keyword search and display in details for list-packages
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 22:25:44 -0500

>>> I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out what's going on, following
>>> your instructions (which worked) and debugging things ad-hoc.
>>> It seems that the presence of the "PACKAGE-pkg.el" file is causing the
>>> keyword evaluation to be skipped as a sort of cache takes over, but
>>> I lost track of the indirection layers and couldn't figure it out.
SM> I can take a look.

The patch you show only applies to `archive--simple-package-p', so
indeed it won't affect packages that have a <foo>-pkg.el.
For those with a <foo>-pkg.el, the keywords will have to be provided in
the <foo>-pkg.el file.  But you may opt not to bother, because the
<foo>-pkg.el files are on the way out (I'm speaking here about the
`elpa' git repository, not the tarballs distributed from elpa.gnu.org).
Currently only `auctex', `sokoban' and `uni-confusables' are left which
use a <foo>-pkg.el and those should be fixed as well.

        Stefan