Re: Emacs will never be a WYSIWYG-editor and should not try to

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Emacs will never be a WYSIWYG-editor and should not try to
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:10:51 +0100

Am 26.11.2013 08:01, schrieb Bastien:

I hope that my suggestion will get people interested in doing this.

I hope that my suggestion to test Org will somehow not be burried
with this huge thread :)

Looking forward to reading your feedback, independently of the
WYSIWYG discussion !

Hi Bastien,

there is a thing WRT Emacs and org-mode seeing not mentioned so far:

org-mode developed a lot of useful things, thanks all for that.

However, seen from main stuff, it's somehow written around the corner,
parallel or not fitting into the other. The use of hard-coded stars for example
is hardly the state of art in a general-purpose editor.

AFAIS org-mode is composed of at least three major areas:

- the org-mode strictly spoken, with it's date-time and planning stuff.
- literal programming with it's exporters, which is probably of most interest
here
- basic fixes and enhancements of common Emacs features, tables, footnotes etc.

Would wish the both last items seeing back-ported into major Emacs without need
of org-mode.

Cheers,

Andreas