Re: Emacs as word processor / Text Properties

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor / Text Properties
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 14:26:29 -0800

All that said, *every* known WYSWYG word-processor also degrades
to using a dump of its internal data structures as its file
format.  Emacs has stayed free of this mess, and documents I
wrote as a grad student in 1990 are still fully usable and live
in 2013 -- rather than having turned into ossified bags of bits.
This is a feature, not a bug.